Re: Time

From: Richard Fikes (fikes@ksl.stanford.edu)
Date: 02/06/02

> I know of some work that has been done by DAML contractors on an
> ontology for time (e.g., DAML-S, Cycorp, CMU, Kestrel), and I'm sure
> there is a lot of other work.

We created an ontology for time during the HPKB project called "Reusable
Time" that is available in the Ontolingua library.  (from
http://ontolingua.stanford.edu.)  There is a paper describing the
ontology and the rationale for its design at
http://www.ksl.stanford.edu/KSL_Abstracts/KSL-00-01.html.

>  It seemed to me that it would be useful
> for those interested in working on this to collaborate and come up
> with a common ontology.

I agree.

> I think it would be good if people interested in this topic could get
> things rolling with a lunchtime get-together at the PI meeting next
> week.

Yes.

> Please contact me if you would like to be involved in this

I would like to participate in that lunch time get-together.

Richard